Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Allergies

Well we all survived Memorial Day weekend...some less exhausted than others.  I think my husband and my father-in-law could sleep for an entire day & still feel tired!

Now it will go all quiet till Thursday when we hit record 80* weather...(the shop tends to be quiet during the week till kids are out of school).

I managed to reprimand 2 groups of children in the 10 minutes I was outside during open hours, God bless them that I wasn't outside more than I was.  I picture myself needing a whistle around my neck and a whip in my hand!

Violations included:

1) Hanging on 1 of our 35 (labor intensive) new signs/signposts for parking.  Said words: "Could you not hang on that sweetie, we don't want to break it." Preferred: "God gave you two feet- now STAND on them child!"

2) A tribe of children running up & down creating a circular track w/ the handicap ramp (ok...) then pushed my limit by using the very expensive railings on either side as parallel bars (as in gymnastics). Said words: "Can you guys not run on this, it's our handicap ramp & we don't want to break the railings, (shamed faces 'cause they know better), thank you." Preferred words: "Were you and your parents raised by wolves, there is an ACRE of field to run in out back-WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS?!")

3) Comment to Doug: "you have too many handicap spaces" (3 out of 40+ spaces) Doug's response: (so shocked no reply).  My preferred reply: "Come over here and let me break your two legs & see if you still think so!"

I'll stick to my dog, thanks. (really I have to blame the parents too-if you can't control your kids, put 'em on a leash till you train them...same as my dog! Or stop reproducing.)




Frannie 5.28.13 a.m.

Why lay on my bed when Mama's sheets are on the floor waiting for wash...(she thinks they're dirty, I think they smell...just right....) 


No comments:

Post a Comment