Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Well, la de freakin' da!

Not having a "proper child" I am assuming it is faux pas to rave about how amazing your own child is.  However I know I've suffered through & conversely hung on every word from a number of proud parents over my 35 years. (you're all asking yourself if "that" was you! ha!)

Last night was our second night of "backyard agility" class!  We returned home, Scott inquiring how class was, I simply stated, "she's too smart." Yes, if there was an "honor level" class she'd be in it!
(there I've done it- boast, boast, boast!)

Last night opened with a series of quick repeats from class 1, which of course the over-achieving mother had the student practice every night last week. She hardly suffers doing "homework", she LOVES it and relishes the "high value treats" associated with it!

One of our new skills was learning to go through a tunnel.
Our not so friendly (or brave) classmate, Robbie, had to be coaxed through with a number of treats.
Chatz, managed to knock down his aging german accented mother by barreling through the other end of the tunnel once he finally got his courage up to try it.
Frannie blasted through at the speed of light, no hesitation, particularly when seeing my face at the other end (OH-and a treat!)  The instructor ended up modifying our tunnel game to make the tunnel longer and have Frannie run through on her own as I ran along side the tunnel. (I know ADVANCED!)

As a class we did a jumps over low hurtles and learned to associate the word "over" with jumping (yup, you got it- OVER something)! This is called "labeling" I've learned.

Buddy who nipped at Frannie last week was not present for class, not sure if his Mom just couldn't make it- or perhaps he was asked to stay home or take a remedial class until he was over the nip/mild attack behavior, Frannie didn't seem to miss him.

Over all the class has been fun and Frannie is enjoying herself and amazingly tuned into me and being braver than Scott thought she'd be.  Of course I knew she'd be a star, that Frantastic Frannie of ours!




*DISCLAIMER: These Pics are a stunt fill in for Frannie.  Scott hasn't been able to come to class yet, so no pictures to post...(& she doesn't know how to do the sticks- but who knows what's next!)



No comments:

Post a Comment