Sunday, June 9, 2013

Goatin' along....

Always the pleaser, I often think she MUST know I would love a goat, and therefore portrays the role of a goat in the yard and on our runs (not that I'd take my goat on a run just for the record). 
 (Although I could hang out w/ the guy in Dover, NH if I did...)


Dover celebrity...




Proof grass is obviously "greener" on the "other side".


A slight change in type (not brand) in her food is my hope that MAYBE she'll slow down on the grass consumption. (note, she particularly enjoys my ornamental grasses by the front door-the ONLY grass I don't need help cutting-thanks!)



Luckily F doesn't throw up the grass (using it as a bulimic tool to keep her girlish figure or her version of "Tums").  After reading many, many theories on why dogs eat grass, I believe she just "likes" the taste of it.   She has "favorite" spots she compulsively stops (on a dime) to eat it, where other spots that look like great grass munching to me, she passes right by...(what do I know?!)

So the grass seems thus far to do no harm, passes right thru her digestive track and perhaps (according to some theories) gives her the fiber she desires (?!)  (that the super expensive dog food doesn't provide-right?!) The only reason I really hate her eating grass, is that occasionally she needs a bit of help with the exiting of the grass...(use your imagination)-always a nice way to begin a day.  (still better than a diaper x 6 a day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment